Cloud has finally started to move beyond the hype and into the fundamental fabric of today’s enterprise. As a result, organizations around the world are now gaining valuable insight, not only into the potential benefits of cloud, but also the practical challenges of adopting these evolutionary and highly disruptive technologies.
As a practitioner, I’ve participated, on May 1st, to a Webinar organized by Salesforce about their Marketing Cloud Solution.In the same week, I had the opportunity to get trained on b-Pack Cloud Solution and Readsoft Online.
In fact, Organizations are starting to adopt more and more core business functions onto cloud platforms. The main reasons behind this shift are :
- Cost reduction (No maintenance, no costs for support, no costs for updates),
- Implementation speed (Some Weeks ),
- The alignment with customers .
Now, let’s have a close look on these 3 SaaS Solutions (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, b-Pack and Readsoft Online).
Salesforce Marketing Cloud offers social media marketing platforms for social listening, social publishing, and social advertising .
- Listen with Radian6 : Gain valuable insight into conversations happening online about your brand, products, competitors, and industry and respond in real time.
- Publish with Buddy Media : Manage and schedule posts and create and publish compelling content with social apps : all supported by analytics and insights.
- Advertise with Social.com : Build, optimize and automate highly targeted social advertising campaigns that are integrated with customer data.
As the first and only solution both Twitter Certified and a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Partner, the Marketing Cloud provides innovative solutions to meet your business needs. A leading innovator within the social media monitoring and management industry, the Marketing Cloud suite is committed to growing with clients, offering solutions to drive real business results.
b-Pack is a a flexible and on-demand Purchase-to-Pay solution, that easily integrate with ERP and financial systems helping organisations achieve efficiency savings. Using the latest technologies available , especially SaaS (but also On Permise).
The solution cover the entire Purchase-to-Pay cycle from sourcing to spend analysis including contracts, procurement, assets and budgets, all the way to invoicing.
Utilisation of these facilities can lead to many benefits within organisations including:
- Easy and Quick Implementation
- Integration into existing Finance system;
- Automation of PO Processing
- Increase compliance with audit and policy
- Ability to Punch Out to third party sites
- Supplier maintained product and price information
- Improved financial visibility
- Reduction in costs in the procurement cycle
- Upload of catalogue
ReadSoft Online delivers a simple, straightforward Software as a Service (SaaS) option for automating supplier invoice processing. ReadSoft accounts payable automation software immediately extracts and enters the data from the supplier invoices into a secure online site, allowing a user to access, verify, and approve the information easily, from any location.
Fully scalable to meet all market expectations, ReadSoft Online leverages strategic partnerships with ERP vendors, auditing firms and international accountants to deliver a complete Cloud based workflow and archiving solution for businesses of any size. (Nota : b-Pack and Readsoft online have a stractegic partnership)
Key benefits :
- Fast and simple invoice access, available anywhere
- Quicker invoice processing to take advantage of early payment discounts
- Greater visibility and control of accounts payable processes
- The cloud provides a single point of entry for decentralized invoice processing
- Scalable pricing model – pay only for what you use
- Minimal amount of training and set-up required
- Ideal for lower invoice volumes, traditionally expensive to process
In my point of view, as a practitioner, there is no longer any doubt that, as a critical set of enabling technologies, SaaS "Cloud" can significantly impact how any organization conducts its business.
Rather than a technological revolution, we are seeing a change in the way we consume IT resources. This shift is due first of all to economics.
SaaS : Software as a service is asoftware delivery model in which software and associated data are centrally hosted on the cloud. SaaS is typically accessed by users using a thin client via a web browser. SaaS has become a common delivery model for many business applications (ERP, CRM, HRM,…).
Procure-To-Pay Solution (P2P) : As its name implies, a procure-to-pay (or purchase-to-pay) system is a fully integrated solution designed to support an end-to-end process that begins with goods and services requisitioning and ends with ready-to-pay files for upload into an accounts payable system. Procure-to-pay solutions use a scan-and-capture service, supplier portal and/or a multienterprise network to enable suppliers to submit invoices electronically. In addition to core e-procurement functionality (including e-requisitioning, approval workflow and e-catalog management), procure-to-pay solutions offer purchase-order-to-invoice matching and processing for invoices that don’t match or when goods are returned.
Written by Mehdi SarsarBLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS